Signed a lease for a new apartment? Moving to your first apartment is an exciting experience. The most challenging part is to organize everything before moving in. Moving always takes a lot longer than you think. If you know how to move efficiently, you can reduce the moving time as you make the transition to a new apartment. Moving can be a stressful and exhausting experience. One of the most stressful aspects of relocation is packing. The only positive thing about this is that it is a good chance to get rid of things that you no longer need. By getting rid of clutter could help create space for new things and memories in your next home. To keep track of everything and cover your bases, read on for some general tips on how to ensure a successful move.
One of the most crucial and stressful aspects of moving is packing. When considering how to pack for a move, a smart first step is first to gather the moving supplies you will need and then go room-by-room until the job is done.
General Packing Tips
- Find packing and moving boxes from your local grocery stores or from family or friends. Gather a variety of sizes and make sure the packing boxes are in good condition.
- Buy bubble wrap to keep your items protected during the move.
- Buy Packing tape and dispenser
- Begin padding each box with newspapers, bubble wrap, or household goods, like blankets or towels. Put the heaviest items into the box first.
- Label each box by room and by its contents.
- Remember to pack a box of essentials such as screwdrivers, hammers, snacks, drinks, a first-aid kit, toothbrushes, a change of clothes, paper plates, plastic utensils and cups, medications, etc.
- Do not fill the box to the brim. This will prevent boxes from becoming too heavy and reduces the likelihood that they break or are dropped during transit.
Start by making an inventory of the items you plan to take based on each room. This will help you organize faster and keep track of your valuable possessions. When you go to pack your items, try to combine them based on function, for example, pack kitchen supplies together.
The kitchen – pack your dishes with bubble wraps or towels. Sectioned boxes for your glasses is a simple and secure way to transport them.
The living room – Remove the legs off couch and chairs to make them easier to maneuver into your new home. Remove bulbs and lampshades from lamps and store in boxes, and cushion carefully. Wrap fragile items in bubblewrap.
The dining room – Remove the legs of chairs. Pack decoration like artwork and pictures in paper or bubble wrap.
The bedrooms – Fold clothes and place them in the moving boxes. Put your jewelry in a container to keep on you at all times. Keep all bedding and pillows in trash bags to keep the dust out and place them in the boxes.
The bathroom – Pack all toiletries together and make sure that you have easy access to them in your new place.
There are many affordable and reliable movers that can help you with your move and won’t break the bank. However, locating the right apartment movers for you can also be a hassle, and this is where Shiply can help. This online shipping platform allows you to receive quotes from its list of rated shipping companies which will be emailed to you. Check out this link – https://www.shiply.com/us/apartment-movers for more information.
The cost of using a moving company depends on a number of factors such as the the amount of goods being transported, the distance travelled and size of crew.